Tuesday

3/16/2010

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
The best possible argument for convincing a realist out of suicide? Because it's insignificant to the world, but not in the close webs that surround you? Because every single choice we make causes an effect which causes an effect which causes an effect? Or are the choices we think we make only effects of other effects? If that is the case, then what started it all?
I believe whole-heartedly that we as people and also as individuals are born on top of a vast mountain of knowledge that was built up by the generations before us originating from the very first thought. Does this mean that we are not capable of original thought? Or do we further build on to that mountain of our ancestors with original thought, even though we're using stolen goods to get there? Will the world stop turning when we have nowhere left to progress? I do not think that knowledge is infinite. There is only so much to know. Granted we may be billions and trillions of years away from that point, but then really all that will be left is philosophy. The unanswerable questions. The root of original thought.
It only makes sense for it to be a paradox.
I see the significance of the things I do in the lives tied to mine. The most blatantly obvious example is that of the children I teach. I believe that I am creating environmental joy in learning, giving life lessons in how to be kind and respectful to others and at the same time express your own self to the truest degree. I embrace each child's personality on a daily basis and use it to help them experience a part of their world in the best possible way.
I see the significance in playing the piano and writing this blog. I see the significance in being caring and patient and showing others your love.
I do not see the significance in being humble.
I see a great significance in sleep. However expericening it has become a chore as of late. I have been getting far less than eight hours a night. I walk around like a zombie from 6-8:30, 1:30-3, and 6:30-8. Exhausted, I lay down to sleep but am overcome with unreasonable anxiety and fear. Which would be why I am writing this random babble at 1 on a Tuesday morning.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment